(Picture of Daniela Muñoz)
OPEN CALL FOR PROJECTS
A collaborative and creative reflection on the ways of inhabiting and being in the city of Barcelona
Jiwar invites artists from all disciplines and researchers (anthropologists, sociologists, architects, etc.) to take part in the second edition of “Making Neighbourhood” project. The call is open for professionals of all disciplines who want to reflect on neighborhood relations, preferably from participatory creative processes.
Jiwar will exam the proposal and choose four projects one by local proposal and three international proposals that will be granted.
The artists will work together in the same time from the 1st of November to the 14th of December 2014. The outcome of the projects will be presented and exhibited in public spaces in the city of Barcelona. A final exhibition will be also presented relating the process and the results.
Artists and researchers in all disciplines (video, performance, music, visual arts, writing, etc.) and researchers (anthropologists, sociologists, architects, educators…) interested in contributing through their creative research to a deeper reflection on the neighbourhood as a necessary and positive value in the dynamics related to the city.
It will be valued:
- Experience in creative research within communities (participation).
- Availability and interest to work with people from other disciplines and to be involved in a group work.
- Spoken English and Spanish.
A request form with the CV of the artist (short format), an example of recent work, a motivation letter and the project proposal itself. Languages spoken.
This project has
- Two scholarships with a discount of 50% of Jiwar’s residence costs (no meals included, no travel costs).
- Full scholarship for one artist living and working in an emergent country (no meals included, no travel costs).
- A salary for the local artist.
- Jiwar will cover the most part of the production expenses.
Send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org until the 6th of July
Public deliberation the 21st of July.
This project is possible thanks to the support of the city of Barcelona
See more about the first edition: http://jiwarbarcelona.com/making-neighbourhood-the-project/