HOW TO APPLY TO JIWAR RESIDENCE
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org in English, Spanish, French, Catalan or Arabic.
Application must include :
- preferred dates of residence
- a short CV
- a sample of recent work representative of the style and philosophy of the candidate work
- a short description of the project that the candidate intends to develop while in residence
- spoken languages
Jiwar support actions:
- welcome session. The resident is invited to lunch or dinner whereby he/ she meets Jiwar management and the other residents
- Jiwar keeps the resident informed about the artistic and cultural events in Barcelona depending on the area of his/ her activities and interests
- Jiwar connects the resident with the local professionals in his/ her area of activity through meetings and round tables
- we facilitate the paticipation of the resident in the cultural and popular celebrations of our district
Due to lack of financial support, Jiwar has very limited funding potential.
However, we help the candidates with all that they may need for their grant bids in their own countries.
Prices range from 28€/day to 52€, depending on the studio and the duration of residency. For details please contact us to email@example.com The national artists (all artists from all nationalities who live and work in Catalonia or Spain) will have a 10% of discount.
We don’t accept couples (only artistic teams). The artists are allowed to receive visits for no more than a week. This extra stay will be charged with a supplement.
Fully fitted out kitchen.
Jiwar policy is to not supply meals because of the rich and cheap gastronomic options in Gracia and Barcelona (a typical midday menu costs between 7€ and 12€ and includes 2 main courses, a desert and a drink). Also there are two big public markets nearby and numerous shops and supermarkets. Jiwar kitchen is nicely and fully fitted, enjoyable to use.