Open call for artists and researchers
April – December 2017
Jiwar Creation and Society is a residency based in Barcelona, in the heart of the Gracia district. Its basic philosophy concentrates on the right to intercultural mobility and its various aspects. Jiwar, meaning neighbourhood in Arabic, promotes the idea of interculturalism through a set of artistic events that enhance the creative dialogue of artists in residence, local artists and the local community. Jiwar is currently open for applications for residencies taking place these dates:
- April 2017
- From the 8th of May to the 25th
- From the 5th of June to the 7th of September 2017
- From October to December 2017
- For residences from spring 2017 to September 2017 the 6th of March
- For residencies in fall and winter 2017 until the 31st of December 2017 the 1st of June 2017
Who can apply?
Applications are open to all artists and professionals (social scientists and researches are welcome) who create and reflect on urban space, and whose work use the city as a material of inspiration or investigation.
How to apply?
Send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org in English, Spanish, French or Arabic.
Application must include :
- Preferred dates of residence
- a short CV
- a sample of recent work representative of the style and philosophy of the candidate work
- a short description of the project that the candidate intends to develop while in residence
- spoken languages
Facilities and support included
Four studios in a 19th century house and a set of inspirational common spaces, among which a gallery and a 700m2 garden are at the residents’ disposal.
Jiwar gives support to the artists in their researches and give the requested contacts depending the interest of the artist.
For all artists our staff will provide any suggestions or informations needed about the neighbourhood and the city’s socio-cultural network.
Jiwar has very limited funding potential.
However, we help the candidates with all they may need for their grant bids in their own countries. You will find some online tools and a list of organizations where you can apply for funding on our site.
Prices range from 28€ to 60€ per day, depending on the studio and the duration of residency. That means for 30 days between 850€ – 1.150€ or 1.250€ These fees NOT include meals.
Do not hesitate to write us for any further details.